This locomotive was built in 1926 by Hawthorn Leslie for Falmouth Docks and Engineering Co Ltd. Here it became Falmouth Docks & Engineering Company No. 3.
The harbour whilst relatively small is the third deepest natural harbour in the world and the deepest in western Europe.
It remained working at Falmouth until August 1986 when steam working on the docks ceased.
The locomotive then spent some time at the Plym Valley Railway. It was sold following the death of the owner the locomotive and moved to the Mid Suffolk Railway in July 2009.
It appears to have next moved to Peak Rail.
It is understood that the locomotive was at Tyseley in January 2018 where it was being restored. Once restored the locomotive will be hired to heritage railway operators.
The locomotive was still being overhauled at Tyseley in the summer of 2020.