This locomotive was built by Hudswell Clarke in 1917 and worked alongside another 0-4-0ST in Kirkstall Forge until the works closed of the works railway system in 1968.
The history of the forge itself can be traced back to about 1200 when it was established by monks from Kirstall Abbey. Kirstall Forge became a public company as Kirkstall Forge Engineering in 1949 at which time it employed about 1800 people.
It has been based on the Middleton Railway for many years now.
It has been cosmetically restored and is on display in the Engine House Museum.
|1309 at the Middleton Railway – July 2015|