This locomotive was built in 1929 by Hudswell Clarke and was first owned by CWS Ltd and used at the Higher Irlam Works.
This was the first member of the new design o that became known as the standard 14 inch design. The locomotives of this class had 14 inch x 22 inch outside cylinders and 3 feet 3½ inch driving wheels. The boiler pressure was 160psi and the tractive effort 14,800lbf. Thirty five locomotives were built to this design.
It subsequently went to the Falmouth Docks & Engineering Co Ltd.
The harbour whilst relatively small is the third deepest natural harbour in the world and the deepest in western Europe.
The locomotive is now in the Bygones Victorian Exhibition Street and Railway Museum at Torquay where it is on static display.