This locomotive was built in 1937 for Brown Bayley’s Steel Works at Sheffield.
In 1929, a new design was developed which was known as the standard 14 inch design
This locomotive was built to this design which had 14 inch x 22 inch outside cylinders and 3 feet 3½ inch driving wheels. The boiler pressure was 160psi and the tractive effort 14,800lbf.
The locomotive is believed to have spent some time after its industrial use at Elsecar Heritage Railway but is know on static display outside the South Yorkshire Transport Museum.