This locomotive was built by Hudswell Clarke in 1938 for the British Sugar Corporation (BSC).
It is regarded as a member of the ‘Countess of Warwick class 0-6-0ST of which several were purchased by BSC.
The locomotive worked on small branch lines in the Fens collectively known as the Wissington Light Railway which linked a number of local farms with the Wissington sugar factory. The locomotive worked at the same location for virtually all of its working life, apart from a brief spell in Spalding, Lincolnshire and by the 1970s was the last steam engine remaining in private ownership in East Anglia.
Chris Beckett approached the BSC in 1977 and the following year saw the locomotive donated to the Midland and Great Northern Joint Railway Society (M&GNJRS) and moved to Sheringham for preservation. After a lengthy restoration project the locomotive returned to steam in July 2012.
The locomotive was on loaned from the M&GN JRS to the Mid Suffolk Railway where was operational.
During 2018 the locomotive will be based at the Colne Valley Railway until June when it will move to Beamish Museum for a three month period.