This locomotive was built by Hudswell Clarke in 1942 and it spent its working life as Samuel Fox & Co Ltd’s No. 20. It has 3 feet 9 inch diameter driving wheels and 17inch cylinders. With a 190 psi boiler pressure the locomotive produced a tractive effort of 23,000lbf.
Samuel Fox and Company operated a major steel complex in the Upper Don Valley at Stocksbridge, near Sheffield. In 1967 it became part of the British Steel Corporation upon nationalisation of the industry.
It was donated to Llangollen Railway Trust Ltd., and was moved to the Llangollen Railway from Winson Engineering of Daventry in 2001. It was the restored and was subsequently hired to the Colne Valley Railway.
Since then it has been hired out for use on heritage railways including the Embsay & Bolton Abbey Railway and the Epping & Ongar Railway.
In August 2020 the locomotive made a rare appearance on a scheduled train on the Llangollen Railway.