See LNER class J94 for details.
This locomotive was built in 1943, to a Hunslet Engine Company design, by Hudswell Clarke for the Ministry of Defence. It then entered service as WD75091.
It was delivered new to the War Department depot at Transportation Store Depot at Marchwood in Hampshire in November 1943.
It then spent some time at Southampton Docks on loan to the Southern Railway.
It was then utilised at Norton Fitzarren near Taunton which was a Central Ordance Depot used by the US Army in the period 1943 – 1945.
It was the at Marchwood in Hampshirein August 1945 before going to King’s Newton in Derbyshire which was a Transportation Stores Depot.
In March 1947 the locomotive was moved to Thatcham in Berkshire which was a general stores sub store.
Its next move was back to in December 1948.King’s Newton in Derbyshire
Along with many other of the Austerity locomotives WD 75091 was bought by the National Coal Board. In October 1950 it went to Holly Bank Colliery, near Wolverhampton where it became No 2.
The colliery closed in December 1952 and the locomotive then went to Littleton Colliery in Staffordshire in 1959. Littleton closed in December 1993 only a year after was deemed a core pit and would not close.
No.75091 then moved around several collieries before being moved to Bold Colliery near St Helens in February 1978 where it was named Robert. While at Bold Colliery it was prepared for and took part in the Rocket 150 celebrations at Rainhill.
Robert was withdrawn and sold for preservation in 1982 and was later preserved at the Crewe Heritage Centre.
In 2007 it was bought by Roger Hibbert and moved to Quorn & Woodhouse on the Great Central Railway (GCR) where it arrived in November 2007. Since then it has been undergoing a full restoration to working order and returned to service in 2017.
It has now been given the number 68067. The J94 class locomotive that carried this number was WD 71474 that was scrapped in 1971.
The locomotive is scheduled to spend 2018 at the Midland Railway at Butterley.