This locomotive was built by Hudswell Clarke in 1952 to a design used for the supply of locomotives to the Port of London Authority (PLA).
This locomotive was bought by the National Coal Board (NCB) and worked at Newmarket Colliery, Near Wakefield. Here it carried the number S103 and worked alongside S102 (Hudswell Clarke Work Number 1884) which was built to the same design.
The locomotive is being restored as a long term project by the Dartmoor Railway Supporters’ Association but at a site away from the Dartmoor Railway.
|1864 at Newmarket Colliery – May 1976|
|1864 at Meldon Quarry – June 2013|