This locomotive was built by Hudswell Clarke in 1955 to work at the Mirvale Chemical Company (now Michell Cotts Chemicals) at Mirfield. It was given the name Mirvale.
It weighs 20tons 6 cwt and has 3 feet 1 inch diameter wheels and 13 inch diameter outside cylinders.
The locomotive worked at Mirfield well into the 1960s.
In 1968 it became the first locomotive to run on the newly formed North Yorkshire Moors Railway.
Mirvale moved to the Middleton Railway in 1986 following its purchase from a private owner the previous year.
It is now on static display in the Engine House Museum on the Middleton Railway having been cosmetically preserved.