This locomotive was built by Hudswell Clarke in 1895 and spent most of its working life under the ownership of Sheepbridge Iron & Coal Company at their ironstone quarries near Desborough. Here it ran as Desborough No 15.
It was seen in steam at Desbourough before it was purchased for the Chasewater Railway where it arrived in 1967/1968. It has never run on the Chasewater Railway and remains in store there.
|431 at the Chasewater Railway – November 2011|