This locomotive was built in 1906 by Hudswell Clarke for Skinner & Holford Ltd who operated Waleswood Colliery near Rotherham. It was given the name Waleswood and the name plates previously carried by a Yorkshire Engine Company 0-4-0ST built in 1878.
The colliery closed following the nationalisation of the coal industry but the locomotive remained there as the coke ovens and other facilities were left open.
750 was rebuilt by Hudswell Clarke in the early 1930s
It moved to Kiverton Park Colliery in 1962
Preserved in 1972 and moved to Staveley.
After a period displayed as a garden exhibit and named Samantha, Waleswood was moved to Steamport at Southport and steamed again in July 1975. It was used at Steamport to provide brake van rides. At that time it was the oldest working locomotive at Steamtown. It was taken out of service in the late 1980s following it failing a boiler test.
Since 1990 it has been at the Battlefield Line Railway where it was restored once again to working order.
750 arrived at Ironstone Railway Northampton May 2016 but had not been fully restored by then.
The locomotive was at Northamptonshire Ironstone Railway Trust where it was undergoing an overhaul.
During 2019 the locomotive was transported to the Chasewater Railway for a return to traffic. The boiler had passed a hydraulic test in June 2019 and an out of frames test a month later. Steaming trials were conducted in September in preparation for entering service the following month.