This locomotive was built by the Hunslet Engine Company in 1941 as one of a class (50550 class) of eight locomotives which were built for Stewarts & Lloyds Ltd who planned to develop a quarry at Islip with a connection to the Corby steelworks. By the time the locomotives were built the project had been abandoned. Three of the eight locomotives built in 1941 and 1942 were taken over by the War Department, thus becoming the true forerunners of the WD Austerity type. Of the others one went to Stewarts & Lloyds Ltd, one to the Parkgate Iron & Steel Co. Ltd and three to the Stanton Ironworks Co Ltd.
Like the Austerity locomotives, which were to follow, these engines had 18 inch x 26 inch inside cylinders and a boiler pressure of 170psi. The wheels at 4 feet 0½ were slightly smaller, the weight at 49 tons 7cwt slightly heavier and the tractive effort at 26,280lbf slightly greater than the Austerity locomotives.
This locomotive (Hunslet Works No 2413) was one of the locomotives that went to Stanton Ironworks Company (he company was eventually taken over by Stewarts and Lloyds Ltd and was merged with the Staveley Iron and Chemical Co Ltd in 1960 to form Stanton and Staveley).
By December 1969 the locomotive was based at the Stour Valley Railway (later called the East Anglia Railway Museum) and was operational. By this time it appears to have assumed the identity of BR J94 class locomotive 68067 even though it was never owned by BR (the real 68067 was built by Hudswell Clarke and was scrapped in 1972).
The locomotive then moved to the Swindon & Cricklade Railway where restoration work was undertaken.
It was moved to the Dean Forest Railway in February 2017.