This locomotive was built in 1944 by the Hunslet Engine Company for the Ministry of Defence. It then entered service as WD 75130.
See LNER class J94 for details.
The locomotive spent a number of years at the Waterloo Main Colliery in Leeds. The colliery closed in 1968 and the railway there in November of that year.
It has subsequently been used on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway but has not operated there since 1981 after which it was placed in store. It is considered to be too small for hauling the loads now required on the steeply graded line.