See LNER class J94 for details.
This locomotive was built in 1953 for the Ministry of Defence by the Hunslet Engine Company to the design used to supply to the Ministry of Defence and is thus regarded as an Austerity type locomotive.
The locomotive was originally based at Bicester as WD200 and then the Longmoor Military Railway before moving to Shoesburyness. Originally it was numbered W200 but later it became WD95.
It was put up for sale by the MOD as being surplus to requirements and purchased privately for use on the Kent & East Sussex Railway (K&ESR) in January 1971.
On the K&ESR it was given the number 24 and it initially carried the name William H. Austen but this was changed quickly to Rolvenden.
After operation on the K&ESR out of service as it required an overhaul.
The locomotive was bought by the Colne Valley Railway and moved there in June 2014 and is currently being overhauled.