This locomotive was built in 1955 for the National Coal Board (NCB) by the Hunslet Engine Company to the design used to supply to the Ministry of Defence and is thus regarded as an Austerity type locomotive.
See LNER class J94 for details.
This locomotive worked at NCB Lady Windsor Colliery at Abercynon, Ynysybwl in mid Glamorgan.
It started its life in preservation with the Swansea Vale Railway Society. This group leased a section of track between Upper Bank and Six Pit. The lease expired in 2007 and most of the stock then moved to the Gwilli Railway. The locomotive was moved in 2009. Prior to this a limited amount of restoration work had been undertaken on the locomotive.
On the Gwilli Railway the locomotive was placed on static display at the Bronwydd Arms whilst it awaits its restoration.
|3829 at the Gwili Railway – October 2017|