This engine was built as L&YR number 19 at Horwich in 1910. It was sold in 1930 to John Mowlem in 1931. To was given the name Basseet and used by its owner on a contract to extend Southampton Docks. Four years later it was renamed Prince at Charlton, London at the works of United Glass Bottle Manufacturing Ltd.
In 1967 in went to Haworth after a short spell at the Luton depot of the London Railway Preservation Society.
11243 was not been maintained in service to the same standard as 51218 but it has been occasionally steamed.
It was acquired by its current owners the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway Trust in 1969. A trial steaming at Haworth showed that extensive work was required, so 19 became a static exhibit, first at Oxenhope and subsequently at Steamport Southport, the former L&Y shed. When that organisation relocated to the Ribble Steam Railway at Preston the locomotive also relocated and is currently on public display there in its original L&YR black and numbered 19 again.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|Ribble Steam Railway||Static display||Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Trust|