This locomotive was built in 1910 by Manning and Wardle & Co and was delivered new to Stewarts & Lloyds at Corby.
Further locomotives were supplied there to the same Manning and Wardle design but as Manning and Wardle had ceased trading later ones were supplied by Kitson and then Robert Stephenson and Hawthorn limited following the closure of Kitsons.
After withdrawal from service in 1968 the locomotive was preserved in storage at the Kent and East Sussex Railway from 1972 before going to North Woolwich in 1984 and then Peak Rail in 2002.
In 2003 it moved to the Great Central Railway (Nottingham) at Ruddington. Restoration work commenced at Ruddington and it was originally hoped to have it back in working order in 2012 but this did not prove to be the case. By 2015 the locomotive looked quite derelict.
By 2017 work had started on restoring the locomotive at Ruddington.