This locomotive was built in 1921 by Manning and Wardle & Co.
It was bought by Cardiff Corporation for use in the construction of a new reservoir at Llwyon-on. Llwyn-on Reservoir is the largest and southernmost of the three reservoirs in the Taff Fawr valley in South Wales. Construction of the reservoir started in 1912 but work was delayed after the outbreak of the First World War in 1914 resulting in the work not being completed until 1926.
It was later sold via Thomas W Ward to the Austin Motor Company at Longbridge in 1927
The locomotive became surplus in 1963 upon which it was sold to for scrap to Cashmore’s of Great Bridge. Instead of cutting it they smartened it up and presented it to a children’s playground in Duddeston, Birmingham during 1964.
This industrial locomotive stood on a plinth very near to Vauxhall and Duddeston station, on the Lichfield/Walsall line from Birmingham, through the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s.
It was moved to Tyseley in 1989 and has then been at a number of sites including Peak Rail, North Woolwich and by 2013 the Great Central Railway (Nottingham) at Ruddington.
When it arrived at Ruddington the locomotive was still un-restored and is currently in store there.
It has had a coat of red oxide paint applied and some metal work but there are no plans to restore the locomotive.