|Driving Wheels||3ft 3ins|
|Cylinders||14in x 20in|
This locomotive was built in 1894 for Brown Bayley Steel.
The firm had been established in Sheffield in 1871 as Brown, Bayley & Dixon. They occupied a site on Leeds Road which was later occupied by the Don Valley sports stadium. The firm manufactured Bessemer steel and railway tracks.
Notable among its employees was Harry Brearley, the inventor of stainless steel. He left Firths after a dispute over the patents.
The locomotive is now based at the Midland Railway Centre at Butterley where it is permanently plinthed outside.
|454 at the Midland Railway Centre – March 1995|
|454 at Swanwick Junction, Midland Railway Centre – February 2018|