This locomotive was built in 1908 by the North British Locomotive Company. It was then used by Bairds & Scottish Steel Co who were a pig iron and steel manufacturer in Lanarkshire.
In preservation the locomotive was owned by a private collection based at Lytham St Annes. At an unknown date the Lytham St Annes collection was broken up.
The locomotive was believed to be at the Scottish Industrial Railway Centre at Dunaskin.
In August 2019 the locomotive was known to be at the Lytham Motive Power Museum, Helical Technology Ltd, Lytham St Annes. This museum is not open to the public.