|Designer||Aveling & Porter|
|Company||Oxford & Aylesbury Tramway|
|Driving Wheels||3ft 0ins|
|Cylinders||7¾in x 10in|
This locomotive was built by Aveling & Porter at Rochester as works number 807. It was acquired for £400 for the original Oxford & Aylesbury Tramroad which later became the Brill branch of the Metropolitan Railway.
As the locomotive was only capable of a running at speeds up to 4mph it was considered to be unsuitable when the demands on the railway increased. It was withdrawn from service in 1894.
It was sold to the Blisworth and Stowe Brick & Tile Co at Nether Heyford in Northamptonshire. The brickworks closed in 1940 and was then used as an ammunition store by the War Department. 807 remained stored until 1950 when it was purchased by the Industrial Locomotive Society.
In 1951 London Transport agreed to hold it in safe custody at Neasden Depot until a final home was ready for it. The locomotive was cosmetically restored by London Transport to its as near as possible to its original condition. In 1957 it was officially handed over to the British Transport Commission for display at the Museum of British Transport at Clapham.
It was transferred to the new London Transport Museum at Covent Garden in 1980. When the London Transport Museum was closed for refurbishment the locomotive was loaned to the Buckinghamshire Railway Centre.
|Home Base||Current Status||Owner|
|On loan to Buckinghamshire Railway Centre||On static display||London Transport Museum|
|807 at the Buckinghamshire Railway Centre – May 2010|