This locomotive was built by Peckett & Sons in 1914 for Mond Nickel & Co at Clydach in the Swansea valley where it became MN Co No 1.
The Mond Nickel Co. was founded in 1900 by Sir Ludwig Mond (1839-1909) to process nickel ore extracted from Canadian mines.
The Works once boasted an extensive internal railway system, and this locomotive was used to shunt both incoming wagons of nickel ore and coke and outgoing wagons of processed nickel pellets. The Mond Nickel Co. was absorbed by the International Nickel Company (INCO) in 1928, which eventually became Vale.
After closure, a heritage group named the Swansea Vale Railway Society, leased a section of track between Upper Bank and Six Pit Works. It was restored at operated there. In 2007 the lease expired and Swansea Council decided to redevelop the area. The group merged with the Gwili Railway in Carmarthen, and moved most of their rolling stock, including this locomotive was there.
The locomotive is temporarily stabled out of public view.