This locomotive was built in 1915 by Peckett & Sons for British Aluminium at Burntisland in Fife. It was one of two Peckett locomotives that were employed there – the other was Works No 1579 Pectin which is also preserved. The site at Burntisland was connected to the Aberdour line.
1376 remained at Burntisland until 1973 when it was sold for preservation and went to the Lochty Private Railway Company. 1579 went to Bulmers at Hereford before moving on to the Yeovil Railway Centre.
The Lochty Railway was opened in 1967 by John Cameron who built a shed there to house 60009 Union of South Africa. The Lochty Private Railway closed in 1992.
1376 then moved to the Caledonian Railway where it is now on static display in the guise of Percy of Thomas The Tank Engine fame.