The class B2 locomotive was built by Peckett & Sons in 1914 to a War Office order.
It was delivered new for use on the Larkhill Military Railway. The railway ran from the Amesbury–Bulford line, to carry troops to Larkhill and on to an aerodrome at Stonehenge.
It then moved to the Fovant Military Railway where in 1915 a spur was built from Dinton station on the London and South Western Railway to the camp at Foyant. The new line made it easier to transport supplies, equipment and wounded men returning from active service for rehabilitation and retraining.
After the end of the First World War the locomotive was sold to Associated Portland Cement (APC) and sent to their Houghton Regis, Dunstable site. It then moved to the APC site at Shipton-on-Cherwell.
The locomotive ended its working life at Kiddlington Works as APC No 5 and was sold to the Kent and East Sussex Railway around 1970.
It then went to East Tisted in Hampshire before moving to the Northampton & Lamport Railway in 1998.
In early 2018 new running plates and angles were fitted to the locomotive.