This class B2 locomotive was built by Peckett & Sons in 1916 to work at the Brynlliw Colliery in South Wales.
Brynlliw Colliery started production in 1905 and by 1918 employed 135 people which increased to 182 five years later. Due to the depression in the coal trade the colliery ceased production in 1925 and it was abandoned in 1927.
In 1954 the National Coal Board (NCB) embarked on a major project to reopen the colliery. The scheme cost nearly £5m and resulted in a mechanised colliery going into production in 1960. By 1968 it was achieving an annual output of over 300,000 tons. By the 1970 the output had declined to 200.000 tons but as many as 570 were still employed there. The colliery ceased production in 1983.
1426 was working at Brynlliw Colliery in 1978 but it is not known when it was taken out of service.
The locomotive was then acquired at some time by the Swansea Museum and has been stored outside at Llandore Collections Centre.