This locomotive was built to the M5 design by Peckett & Sons in 1920 and was delivered new to Derbyshire Stone Quarries.
After its industrial service it went to the Ministry of Defence depot at Long Marston as the Stratford & Broadway Railway Society operated on an area within the site. The Stratford & Broadway Railway Society was established with the aim of re-opening the line from Stratford upon Avon to Honeybourne railway station with a later extension planned to Broadway. In 2010 the society was dissolved as it was clear that there was no chance of achieving their aims in the foreseeable future.
At some stage the locomotive was converted to act as the cartoon character Ivor the Engine. This involved fitting side sheets to convert it from a saddle tank. Under this guise the locomotive visited a number of heritage railways.
The locomotive moved to the Swindon & Cricklade Railway in December 2017 but only operated there for a short time before being taken out of service for a ten year overhaul.
|1555 on the Lavender Line as Ivor the Engine – July 2009|
|1555 at the Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway – September 2011|