This locomotive was built by Peckett & Sons in 1928 and delivered to Hams Hall Power Station at Colershill near Birmingham. It was given the number 4 and used to shunt coal waggons.
The locomotive subsequently passed into the ownership of the Central Electricity Generating Board (CEGB) who declared it as surplus to requirements in 1968.
It was then purchased by Mr J McNally who was a member of the Severn Valley Railway. The locomotive was transported to Bridgnorth in July 1968 and was steamed shortly afterwards and was used on shunting duties for the rest of the year.
After a lengthy overhaul the locomotive returned to traffic in September 1984. It was used at the Bewdley at an enthusiasts event in April 1985 but saw little service afterwards. By the winter of 1991 it was out of service and in the spring of 1994 the owner put the locomotive up for sale.
Around November 1995 the locomotive left the Severn Valley Railway and moved to the South Devon Railway.
Around 2005 the locomotive was taken into private ownership and moved to Titley Junction Station in Herefordshire where it was used as Percy, of Thomas the Tank Engine fame, from time to time.