This W6-S class locomotive was built by Peckett & Sons in 1939 for Brown Bayley’s Steel Works at Sheffield. Notable among its employees was Harry Brearley, the inventor of stainless steel.
After being retired from industrial service the Merlin Locomotive Group spent eleven years to restore the locomotive at a cost of £137,000. It first ran under its own steam in preservation in March 1979 at the Gwili Railway.
After being at the Gwili Railway the locomotive spent some time on the Derwent Valley Light Railway before moving North to be based at Bowes Railway near Jarrow.
The locomotive has been hired out to the Plym Valley Railway (November 2016-June 2017) and is now being used on the Telford Steam Railway.
In December 2021 the locomotive moved to the Weardale Railway although there are no plans to run it there.