This M5 class locomotive was built by Peckett & Sons in 1943.
It last worked at Glenwydd Iron Foundry at Ironbridge in 1962. Latterly it apparently ran without its coupling rods, technically making it a 2-2-0 tank. The rods were found in a shed at the iron foundry prior to its purchase.
The locomotive was stored at Triad, Bishops Stortford, for some years before its arrival at the East Anglia Railway Museum at Chappel in June 1981.
The motion was overhauled, but the boiler needs a heavy repair before the locomotive could be steamed.
It is now on static display outside the museum
|2039 at the East Anglian Railway Museum – October 1989|
2039 outside the East Anglia Railway Museum – 2017