This class OY-S locomotive was built by Peckett & Sons in 1947 and was delivered new to the Nechells Gas Works of the City of Birmingham Gas Department where it became No 11. The locomotive is a variant of the OY design to cope as it needed to cope with tight curves so it has a shorter wheelbase. It also has a lowered cab floor and roof, and a shorter saddletank and dome than the standard OY class locomotives.
The locomotive was transferred from Nechells to the Swan Village Works in Walsall in August 1965 and worked there until rail operations ceased in 1969.
It was then bought privately for preservation, and fully repainted on site before moving to the Foxfield Railway where it is still based.
The locomotive is now awaiting an overhaul and is on display in the museum at the Foxfield Railway.