This class W7 locomotive was built by Peckett & Sons in 1950 for the National Coal Board (NCB) and set to work at Harworth Colliery in the NCB North Nottingham Area. The mine at Harworth had been opened in 1921 to supply coal to the power stations along the River Trent.
The locomotive had had a relatively short life when it ended its working life due to the introduction of diesel traction. It was purchased for preservation in April 1973 and became one of the three founding locomotives in the Rutland Railway Museum. It was the only one not to have steamed at the Museum.
The locomotive was stripped down for an overhaul at the Rutland Railway Museum but in February 2015 it was sold and moved to the Royal Deeside Railway.