This locomotive was built by Peckett & Sons in 1949 and was used at Blackpool Gassworks where it was noted as No 1 Lytham St Annes.
When it finished its industrial service it was preserved privately by J Morris of Lytham St Annes and was exhibited in his Motive Power Museum at Lytham St Annes.
In 1984 the locomotive was put up for sale and the Redditch Railway Society sought to buy it but before the necessary funds could be raised a Peak Rail member bought it.
In 1990 the locomotive moved to the Midland Railway Centre at Buttery where it ran until 1996. It was then restored and returned to service again in April 2017.
In June 2018 the locomotive moved to the Stainmore Railway on loan and was still there in the summer of 2020.