This locomotive was built in 1942 by Robert Stephenson & Hawthorn. It then worked at the Earley Power Station at Reading.
The coal fired power station was built during 1942 and commissioned in 1946. Initially it served as a standby in case Battersea Power Station in London was bombed during the Second World War. The site at Reading had connections onto the GEWR.
When Didcot Power Station came on stream in the Reading station was deemed to be surplus to requirements and it was closed in 1976.
Traces of flimsy shelters from the Mesolithic Period (also known as the Middle Stone Age 8000 BCE – 2700) were discovered at the site of the old power station at Thames Valley Park in North Earley.
The locomotive is now based on the Gwili Railway and is owned by the Gwili Railway Preservation Society.
It has run in the guise of Percy of Thomas the Tank Engine fame but after its current overhaul it is planned that it is outshopped in GWR livery.