This locomotive was built by Sentinel in 1945 for the Tottenham & District Gas Co where it became No 11.
In this engine the drive passes via a two speed gear box through a single chain to the front axle. This is connected to the rear axle by another chain on the same side. The maximum speed in high gear is 11 mph, and in low gear 6½mph, whilst the haulage capacity on level track is in excess of 600tons. The space between the boiler and the cylinders at the front of the engine is occupied by a 340 gallon water tank.
In 1948, when the gas industry was nationalised, the Tottenham and District Gas company came under the Eastern Area Gas Board, which covered Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire, the Isle of Ely, Norfolk, the Soke of Peterborough, Suffolk and parts of Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, and Middlesex
The locomotive worked regularly until the early 1960s after which it was retained as a spare to two diesel shunters and was officially withdrawn from service in 1968.
In 1970 it was purchased for preservation by a Quainton Railway Society member and moved to the Buckinghamshire Railway Centre at Quainton.
After a quick restoration the locomotive was returned to steam by mid-1971.
After lbeing out of service for a number of years the locomotive was underwent a full retube and had vacuum brakes fitted before passing a steam test in October 2017.
The locomotive is operational at the Buckinghamshire Railway Centre.