This locomotive was built by Sentinel in 1952 and was on of a pair bought by the National Coal Board (NCB). Works No 9534 went to Holditch Colliery at Chesterton whilst 9535 was delivered new to Silverdale Colliery in Staffordshire. No other Sentinel locomotives were bought by the NCB for use in the area, and neither 9534 or 9535 were ever numbered or named.
9535 was employed until February 1968 when it was laid up in at the end of a siding.
It was acquired for preservation and arrived at the Foxfield Railway in October 1972.
Restoration of the locomotive was started but it left the Foxfield Railway when its owner moved it for use on the Telford Steam Railway in June 1981.
At Telford it was given the name F T Clamp after one of the volunteers at Telford.
Twenty years later it returned to the Foxfield Railway and has received some cosmetic attention but this important part of the Foxfield collection remains to be restored to working order again.
|9535 on the Foxfield Railway – October 2011|