This locomotive was built by Sentinel in 1953 delivered new to Rugby Portland Cement Co Ltd at the Totternhoe Quarries in Dunstable where it became No 1.
In September 1964 it was transferred to their New Bilton Works at Rugby.
By March 1966 the locomotive was on loan to the company′s Southam Works, also in Warwickshire but it returned to New Bilton about two months later.
In April 1967 it was sold to Thomas Hill Ltd at Killamarsh in Yorkshire, who resold it to R.Y. Pickering & Co Ltd at Wishaw in Lanarkshire in 1968. The company was later renamed Norbrit- Pickering Ltd.
This company were wagon builders and the locomotive (now No 4) was used to shunt wagons of all sizes, including 100 ton bogie oil tankers.
In July 1979 it moved to the Tanfield Railway, along with RW Hawthorn Works No 2009.
The locomotive has steamed on the Tanfield Railway but is currently awaiting an overhaul.