This locomotive was built by Sentinel in 1953.and supplied to RB Tennant at Whifflet in Coatbridge. It was originally used as a demonstration locomotive before being purchased.
RB Tennant was established in 1922 and manufactured steel rolls, cast steel locomotive wheels, and iron and steel castings. The locomotive was still working there in August 1973.
The locomotive is now privately owned and is included in the Scottish Railway Preservation Stock on the Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway where it is undergoing an overhaul.