This locomotive was built by Sentinel in 1958 and is claimed to be the last steam locomotive built by Sentinel. It was used at Swansea Smelting Works at Llansmlet and carried the name Swansea Vale No 1.
The works were later owned by the Imperial Smelting Corporation who closed the plant in 1971.
The locomotive then spent a number of years at the Gwili Railway before moving to the Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway (PBR) where it was stored.
The locomotive is currently being overhauled at the Teifi Valley Railway.