This locomotive was built by Sentinel in 1957 and was delivered new to the West Midlands Gas Board for use at Pleck Gas Works in Walsall.
After its industrial service it moved to the Chasewater Railway in 1982 where it was given the No 5. It operated on the Chasewater Railway until it was taken out of service in 1995 when it required a major overhaul.
The locomotive is privately owned but remains at the Chasewater Railway where it is currently being overhauled.
|9632 at the Chasewater Railway – November 2011|