See LNER class J94 for details.
This locomotive was constructed in 1945, to a Hunslet Engine Company design, at Vulcan Foundry in 1945.
It moved shortly afterwards to the Central Ordnance Depot at Barby near Rugby.
In July 1945 it was moved to the Proof and Experimental Establishment at Shoeburyness in Essex.
The locomotive was moved again during 1945 when it was relocated to the Longmoor Military Railway.
In 1949 as WD 75282 it was named Insein which is a township in Yangon which then was called Burma (now Mayanmar).
In 1952 it was sent to the Hunslet Engine Company for repairs.
It was back at the Longmoor Military Railway in 1958.
In February 1961 it was sold to the Hunslet Engine Company who rebuilt it as Works No 3879 in 1961.
It was then sold to the National Coal Board to work initially at Cambrian Colliery in November 1961. It then moved to Garw Colliery in April 1967 before being moved going to Mountain Ash in July 1979.
Whilst at Mountain Ash Colliery the locomotive was given the name Haulen after the granddaughter of the colliery manager. The name translates from the Welsh as white sunlight, bright sunlight or bright star.
In July 1981 following its industrial service the locomotive was placed on loan at the Caerphilly Railway Society, who were based in the former GWR works at Caerphilly, and was later bought by them.
The society was later evicted from Caerphilly and the locomotive was moved to the Gwili Railway where the society transferred to.
The locomotive was restored at the Gwili Railway where it operated until early 2016 when it was withdrawn for a ten year overhaul.