This locomotive is an Austerity type locomotive built for the Second World War effort by W G Bagnall in 1944. Bagnall built the locomotive as a sub-contractor to Hunslet Engine Co Ltd. Bagnall built 52 of the 377 that were built for the War Department between 1943 and 1947. This locomotive carried the number WD75161. The LNER bought some of these locomotives which became the J94 class.
It is believed to be based on the Caledonian Railway.