See LNER class J94 for details.
This locomotive is an Austerity type locomotive built for the Second World War effort by W G Bagnall in 1944. Bagnall built the locomotive as a sub-contractor to Hunslet Engine Co Ltd. Bagnall built 52 of the 377 that were built for the War Department between 1943 and 1947. This locomotive carried the number WD75171. The LNER bought some of these locomotives which became the J94 class.
The locomotive was delivered new to the Central Ammunition depot at Kineton in Warwickshire in November 1944.
In May 1945 the locomotive was based at the Central Ordnance Depot at Donnington in Shropshire. By November of that year it was to be found at Burton Bassett near Kineton in Warwickshire and by October 1946 it was back at Donnington.
It next moved to the Shropshire & Mongomertshire Railway which served the Central ammunition Depot.
After visiting W G Bagnall for an overhaul in 1949 the locomotive was based at the Central Ammunition Depot at Bramley in Hampshire from October 1950. Apart from a visit to the Longmoor Military Railway for repairs in September 1954 the locomotive remained at Bramley.
In September 1954 the locomotive is recorded as going to the Longmoor Military Railway workshops from the Central Ammunitions Depot at Bramley in Hampshire before returning two months later.in September 1955 the locomotive moved to the Royal Engineers establishment workshops at Bicester.
From July 1957 until July 1959 it was based at the Central Ammunition Depot at Kinetown in Warwickshire.
From March 1960 until November 1964 it was located at Bicester Workshops of the Royal Engineers.
In December 1964 the locomotive was moved to the Wemyss Private Railway in Fife. It was then sold for scrap to T Muir, Scrap Merchants at Thornton in November 1970.
In 1973 the locomotive came out of the scrapyard to go to the Lochty Private Railway at Anstruther in Fife.
It is believed to be based on the Caledonian Railway.