This locomotive was built by W G Bagnall in 1950 for the Royal Navy who deployed it at the Devenport Dockyard until 1965. It was built to the 14inch design apart from having 14½inch cylinders.
It was used at the dockyard on the internal passenger train between North and South Yards.
After being taken out of service in 1965 it was used as a mobile boiler for the supply of steam to warships under repair in the docks until 1968.
It was purchased by Dave Fouracre (an employee at the yard) and moved to the Great Western Society depot at Bodmin General in 1969 then to the Cornish Steam Locomotive site at Bugle on the Par-Newquay branch in 1974
The Cornish Steam Locomotive Preservation Society subsequently moved their stock to the Bodmin & Wenford Railway in 1986.
After many years of use it is now in store pending heavy boiler repairs.
|2962 on the Bodmin & Wenford Railway – August 1990|