This locomotive was built by Andrew Barclay in 1924 to work at Niddrie Collieries in Lothian.
It was acquired by the Edinburgh Area Group and stored for some years in a shed in Leith before going to the Strathspey Railway.
Although it was returned to steam on the Strathspey Railway it was where there were plans to convert it to oil burning so that it could be used during periods of high fire risk. These plans were not progressed as a diesel locomotive was introduced on the line.
The locomotive is now being restored on the Ribble Steam Railway.