This locomotive was built by Andrew Barclay in 1939 and was delivered new to Little Barford Power Station near St Neots.
In 1964it moved from Little Barford Power Station to Goldington Power Station near Bedford but only stayed there until the following year when it moved to Acton Lane where it was based until the 1980s.
It appears to have continued its slightly nomadic life in preservation as before going to Weeting in 1996 it had spent time at the Foxfield Railway and the Manchester Museum of Science & Industry.
The locomotive has steamed on the Mid Suffolf Light Railway.
In 2016 the locomotive was on static display as part of the Weeting Steam Engine Rally and County Show.
As of the summer of 2020 the locomotive was at the Fengate Agricultural Light Railway and was operational.