This locomotive was built in 1939 by Andrew Barclay and was employed at the Imperial Distillery on the banks of the River Spey at Carron.
Imperial Distillery was founded by Thomas Mackenzie who was a co-owner of Daluaine and Talisker brands of whisky. Almost all of Imperial’s liquid was siphoned off for blends such as Teacher’s, Ballantine’s and Old Smuggler. The site at Carron closed in 1998 and the railway that served the plant is now part of the Speyside Way long-distance path.
In 2000 Dewar’s World of Whisky was opened at the Aberfeldy Distillery and this locomotive was placed on static display there.
|2073 at Dailuaine Distillery – April 1965|
|2073 at the Strathspey Railway – August 1975|