This locomotive was built by Andrew Barclay in 1941 and was used by Stewart & Lloyds who operated the steelworks at Corby and the ironstone quarries nearby at Harlaxton and Woolsthorpe. The locomotive was given the name Harlaxton after one of the quarries.
In preservation the locomotive spent a number of years on the North Norfolk Railway before going north to the Caledonian Railway at Brechin.
It steamed in the early 2000s on the Caledonian Railway before being taken out of service there. It returned to steam again in 2016 and now runs as Thomas the Tank Engine.
|2107 in the guise of M&GN No 100 at Weybourne on the North Norfolk Railway – August 1996|
|2107 at the Caledonian Railway – May 2011|