|Driving Wheels||3ft 5ins|
|Cylinders||Outside – 14in x 22in|
This locomotive was built by Andrew Barclay in 1943 to fulfil an order from the Ministry of Supply. It started its working life as ROF No6 at Thorp Arch Factory near Harrogate. It was originally made as an oil burner which was consistent with it working at a Royal Ordance Factory (ROF) where munitions were the Army and the Royal Air Force.
It subsequently worked at other ordnance factories before being becoming surplus to requirements and sold to the Fife Coal Company Ltd. At this time it was converted to a coal burning locomotive by Andrew Barclay.
It was initially utilised at Comrie Colliery in Fife (No 16) in November 1946 but then worked at other collieries in the Fife area. The locomotive remained in the Fife area under the ownership of the National Coal Board (NCB) following the nationalisation of the coal industry in 1947. It was finally withdrawn from service in 1972.
In 1977 it was sold for scrap to Thos Muir,Scrap Merchants,Easter Balbeggie,Fife which cut up many industrial locomotives.
In 1996 the site closed and the locomotive was moved to Thos Muir Haulage & Metals Ltd in Kirkcauldy.
It was then sold to Cadman (STAFFORDSHIRE LOCOMOTIVES) probably at the end of 1996. Finally it moved to J&H Parry & Sons(SHAWBURY) Ltd, Astley,Shrewsbury.
In August 1999 two supporters of the Mangapps Farm Railway moved it to Burnham-on-Crouch in Essex.
The locomotive was subsequently restored and has operated on the Mangapps Farm Railway. It had its last ten year overhaul in 2012.
The name Fambridge was added to the locomotive in 2014.
||2157 at Mangapps Farm Railway – April 2015|