This locomotive was built in 1946 by Andrew Barclay and was delivered new to Devenport Dockyard at Plymouth where it carried the number No 19 before being renumbered as No 2. It worked at Devenport until it was withdrawn from service in May 1966.
It then started its life in preservation at the Dowty Preservation Society at Ashchurch in March 1968 via Hudsons of Dudley.
In July 1983 the locomotive moved to the Gloucestershire & Warwickshire Railway.
The locomotive moved to the Dean Forest Railway in August 1988.
It has been out of service and stored at the Dean Forest Railway for many years.