This locomotive was built in 1949 by Andrew Barclay for the National Coal Board (NCB) which became Fife Area NCB No 30.
It was employed at Frances Colliery at Dysart in Fife. The colliery was on the cliff-top with workings out under the sea. At its peak in 1957 the colliery employed a workforce of 1,482.
The locomotive was out of use in the 1970s and was sold by the NCB to the Fife Regional Council some time after 1982. It was then put on a plinth in the 1200 acre park beside Loch Ore which encompasses the site of the former Glencraig Colliery site.